Hello,
My name is Ke Fang, a design PhD student from CRI, France.

I am working with Paolo Bombelli ([log in to unmask]), a PhD researcher from
the Department from Biochemistry, University of Cambridge and Open Science
School (http://openscienceschool.org/about/). We received a grant from
OpenPlant (http://openplant.org/) to carry out *t*he 5th Edition of
Co-Lab's interdisciplinary workshop, held in University of Cambridge and in
John Innes Centre, Norwich this summer: (
http://openscienceschool.org/colabopenplant/)

In the 5th edition of Co-Lab, we focus on discussion of plant synthetic
biology from an ethnographic point of view. When scientific research
borrows methodology from ethnography, which is the systematic study of
peoples and cultures, discussions can digress beyond the technological
barriers of plant science. How can Scientists place their research in the
context of culture and society, to understand how their work is perceived
by the public? How can artists and designer utilise their projects to
reshape public perception on GMO and plant science? These are the type of
discussion We hope to bring to the context of the workshop - and we are
seeking help to find people who would be interested in these kind of
discussions.

We would highly appreciate if you could join in our workshop or help us
circulate these messages.

Please find here application information
<http://openscienceschool.org/colabopenplant/>
Thank you very much,

--
FANG Ke