Please distribute through your networks.  Apologies for cross-posting.

*We are recruiting an Advice Worker/Legal Officer – Vulnerable Migrant
Women (full time £28,000)*

Maternity Action is the UK’s leading charity committed to ending inequality
and improving the health and well-being of pregnant women, their partners
and young children.

We are seeking an experienced advice worker, solicitor or barrister to lead
an innovative, three year project to promote use by third sector
organisations of law and human rights approaches to solving problems.  The
role will deliver second tier advice, training and information to frontline
community organisations across the UK that are working with vulnerable
migrant women who are pregnant or new mothers, and promote engagement by
these groups in policy and campaigning.

We are looking for someone with a thorough knowledge of the UK immigration
and asylum system; an understanding of one of the following areas of law –
local authority support, benefits system, asylum support, entitlement to
NHS maternity care; understanding of legal and policy issues facing
vulnerable migrant women who are pregnant or new mothers; experience in
delivering advice on legal issues to a lay audience; and excellent written
and spoken communication skills.

The role will be part of our small team based in Old Street, London.  The
post is for 35 hours a week. We are happy to consider flexible working
arrangements during normal business hours, including home working.  There
will be regular meetings in London and travel outside of London, including
occasional overnight stays.

Please send us an application outlining how you meet the selection criteria
and your CV.  Applications close 6 July 2016.  Interviews will be held 28
July 2016.

Email: [log in to unmask]

Further information.
<http://www.maternityaction.org.uk/about-us/work-with-us/>

--
Megan Wong
Senior Project Officer

T: 020 7253 2288
W: www.maternityaction.org.uk

 [image: Inline image 1]

Online information about maternity and parental rights and benefits.
<http://www.maternityaction.org.uk/>

Advice on maternity and parental employment rights and benefits: 0845 600
8533. <http://www.maternityaction.org.uk/advice-2/advice-line/>

Advice on charging for NHS maternity care: 0808 800 0041
<http://www.maternityaction.org.uk/advice-2/maternity-care-access-advice-service/>

Donate to us <https://www.justgiving.com/maternity-action/>  l  Get the
newsletter <http://www.maternityaction.org.uk/contact-us/>  I Website
<http://www.maternityaction.org.uk/>  l  Twitter
<https://twitter.com/MaternityAction> l  Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/MaternityAction/>

52-54 Featherstone Street, London EC1Y 8RT, UK