**apologies for cross-posting**

NAG Conference 2016: Public and Academic Libraries – Learning and Working in Partnership

Early bird booking is still available for this year’s National Acquisitions Group Conference, to be held at a new venue, The Grand Central Hotel Glasgow, adjacent to Glasgow Central railway station.  The dates are Wednesday 14th and Thursday 15th September 2016 and prices have been held for Members at just
£375 for the full conference including all meals, accommodation and gala dinner as our early bird rate – available until 1st July!

NAG conference offers unique cross-sector networking opportunities between libraries, suppliers and publishers alongside a full programme of 11 papers, panel sessions, and the opportunity to attend two of the four workshops offered.  We received excellent delegate feedback in 2015 and we hope we can continue to exceed expectations.

Papers include:
Rebuilding the Mackintosh Library collections: generous gifts, tricky insurance negotiations and lots of social media by Alison Stevenson, Glasgow School of Art
Streamlining acquisitions services by Dorothy Atherton & Helen Adey, Nottingham Trent University
Empowering users about their rights to use creative works by Aude Charillon, Newcastle Libraries
Independence and Opportunity by Paul Howarth, Stock and Content Manager, Suffolk Libraries
The Story of Local Authority to Outsourced Service by Fiona Tarn, Senior Libraries Development Manager, Carillion Services
The Forum Southend – a three-way partnership library by Greg Bennett, Southend Campus Librarian
Journal acquisition at the University of East London: meeting rising costs and rising expectations by Thomas Shaw, UEL
Access to Research: a review of market research into the use of scientific journals in public libraries by Jonathan Griffin, Publishers Licensing Society
Managing Open Access APC Funds and Publisher Deals: A Case Study of Three Scottish Universities by Dominic Tate, Scholarly Communications Manager, Edinburgh University
#whatsYourStory by Alison Millar, Leeds Library and Information Service

Further speakers include the Publishers Association and a panel of local students to give their perspective.  Workshop sessions are also offered on both days including The Copyright Card Game with Chris Morrison, Communicate to Collaborate with Suzanne Wheatley (Sue Hill Recruitment), The Lancashire Reading Journey – Developing and implementing an in-house summer reading initiative across a public library service with Jill Connolly, Scottish HE: Learning & Working in Partnership with DRM Free E-books with Wendy Walker and Anna Andrzejewska.

As well as value for money, other attractions include the Reception for First Time Delegates and, of course, the Conference Gala Dinner and After-Dinner Entertainment. There will also be optional tours of the Glasgow Women's Library, or the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland Whittaker Library and the National Piping Centre Library after the Conference for those it suits to travel a bit later. Please note that places on these tours are limited: email [log in to unmask] to reserve a place.

We have planned the timings with consideration for those travelling on the day.  Day 1 is expected to run approx. 11:30am – 17:15pm, Day 2 is due to finish by 16:00 (with optional tours of local libraries until approx. 17:30).  The programme is now available on the conference page of our website.

We have maintained last year’s prices for our members, with an Early Bird offer of £375 + VAT (non-members £475 + VAT) for bookings received before 2nd July. These are the rates for full conference (including all meals, accommodation and the gala dinner), but we also have a day delegate Early Bird rate of £175 +VAT (non-members £225 + VAT) until 2nd July.

Please book for Conference here and if you have any enquiries, please email us at [log in to unmask]

If you would like to enquire about sponsorship and exhibition opportunities, please email us at [log in to unmask], and we will send you full details.  The opportunity to sponsor our packs and badges is still available!

If you are not yet a member of NAG, but would like to join, there is more information at http://www.nag.org.uk/about/  and a membership application form at http://www.nag.org.uk/nag-membership/application-for-nag-membership/
Please complete the membership application form before booking for Conference, to ensure that you receive the member rate.

Please feel free to forward this email to other colleagues who might be interested.