Library TeachMeet in Leeds

Thursday 7th July, 13:00 - 16:00

Leeds College of Building, North Street campus, Leeds, LS2 7QT.

Location information: https://www.lcb.ac.uk/how-to-find-us

Cost: Free

Booking link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/library-teachmeet-tickets-25836488633

TeachMeets are a chance to share experiences and/or practise your presentation skills with a friendly and supportive group of library people.

The general theme of this TeachMeet is: - New user inductions. How do we get (and keep) their attention?

Programme
12:30 Welcome and registration begins
13:00 Presentations
14:00 Refreshment break
14:30 Speed-sharing - 1 induction success and 1 problem
15:15 Group fix - we'll get our heads together and come up with some solutions for those induction problems.

All attendees should come along prepared to give a (very) short presentation on the theme of the Teachmeet, maximum length 5 minutes. There will not be time on the day for everyone to give their presentation but after the event all presentations and brilliant ideas will be shared online with everyone who attended. If you are unable to attend the TeachMeet but you would like to share a short video of your presentation this would also be very welcome.

Certificates of attendance will be available if you would like to add this event to your CPD log.

Access: several steps into one room but a stair lift is available

Please use the link above to make your booking or for more information you can contact me at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or call 0113 222 6000 ext.6644

Looking forward to welcoming you,
Anne-Mary

Anne-Mary Inglehearn
College Librarian & Learning Resources Manager
Leeds College of Building
North Street
Leeds
LS2 7QT
Tel: 0113 222 6000 ext. 6644

I work across two sites:
Monday - Tuesday at the Hunslet Campus
Wednesday - Friday at the North Street Campus

[cid:image003.jpg@01D1C0C5.2F6F03F0]

Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or the person responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone without prior permission. Opinions, conclusions and other information expressed in this message are the sender's personal views and do not necessarily represent the views of the college; neither are they intended to create any contractual or legal obligations binding on the College unless confirmed by letter.