ASC is quite a nice acronym to play around with as well, Craig!!

:)

From: learning development in higher education network [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Craig Whittaker
Sent: Thursday, 9 June 2016 12:00 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Name Change

Hi Kate

IN the Faculty of Business and Law, I set out with Learning Development. But that had already been 'bagged' by the HR trainers, so we went to Academic Support Centre.  The Academic Support Centre seemed to be an unappealing brand to students, so we change to Academic Success Centre, and that has been far more appealing.

Best wishes,

Craig

Dr. Craig Whittaker, BA MA MBA MEd PhD PGCLTHE FHEA
Lead Academic Success Tutor and Faculty Portfolio Leader for Student Transition and Success
Senior Lecturer
Faculty of Business and Law
University of the West of England
+44 (0) 117 32 83422