Dear Colleague,

We are pleased to announce that the latest issue of Historical Reflections/Reflexions Historiques has been published by Berghahn Journals. The articles in this special issue highlight the varied nuances of the concept of status and what examinations of both gender and status can reveal about medieval society.

Please visit the Berghahn website for more information about the journal: www.berghahnjournals.com/historical-reflections

Volume 42, Issue 1 : Gender and Status in the Medieval World
Guest Editors: Katherine Weikert and Elena Woodacre

ARTICLES
Introduction: Gender and Status in the Medieval World
Katherine Weikert and Elena Woodacre
http://bit.ly/1V4u8Zi

Mirror for Margraves: Peter Damian’s Models for Male and Female Rulers
Alison Creber
http://bit.ly/1XxVWmS

Inaudito exemplo: The Abduction of Romsey’s Abbess
Linda D. Brown
http://bit.ly/1Sa19xy

The Corpus Christi Devotion: Gender, Liturgy, and Authority among Dominican Nuns in Castile in the Middle Ages
Mercedes Pérez Vidal
http://bit.ly/1qK96CN

From Villainous Letch and Sinful Outcast, to “Especially Beloved of God”: Complicating the Medieval Leper through Gender and Social Status
Christina Welch and Rohan Brown
http://bit.ly/1T7kstF

“To take a wyf”: Marriage, Statue, and Moral Conduct in “The Merchant’s Tale”
Natalie Hanna
http://bit.ly/1qVzlX7

Objectification, Empowerment, and the Male Gaze in the Lanval Corpus
Elizabeth S. Leet
http://bit.ly/1T7kC4k

Pueri Sunt Pueri: Machismo, Chivalry, and the Aggressive Pastimes of the Medieval Male Youth
Sean McGlynn
http://bit.ly/1NqDmaG

“And much more I am soryat for my good knyghts”: Fainting, Homosociality, and Elite Male Culture in Middle English Romance
Rachel E. Moss
http://bit.ly/1MwmX9M

Wrist Clasps and Patriliny: A Hypothesis
Frank Battaglia
http://bit.ly/1Vo3pXG

Recommend Historical Reflections to your library
As a key researcher in your field you can recommend Historical Reflections to your library for subscription. A form for this purpose is provided on the Historical Reflections website:  http://www.journals.berghahnbooks.com/historical-reflections/library-recommendations

Free Sample Issue
View Volume 27, Issue 1 of Historical Reflections here: http://www.journals.berghahnbooks.com/historical-reflections/sample

Free Online Trial
To sign up for a free 60-day institutional online trial to Historical Reflections, please contact: [log in to unmask]