Hi Shruti,

On 13 June 2016 at 11:20, Shruti Narasimham <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hello Anderson,

Thanks a lot for that explanation. I understand it much better now.

Yes, sorry I meant the DMN.

Also, could you please correct me if I am wrong in the following :

Previously, I was using the fslsplit on the dr_stage2_subject_Z images, and then using my randomise result mask with this as input in fslstats.

Now, from what I understood from your explanation, I should use my randomise result as the mask but with dr_stage2_ic in fslstats? How will I get a value per subject then in this case?

It's possible to use the option -t in fslstats give one value per volume present in a 4D file. Another option is to use fslmeants.

What is the difference in these two methods based on the input? Does it make any difference to my connectivity values that I obtain?

If the inputs are the same, they should give the same result. However, I see you were previously using *_Z files, but these aren't the ones that go into randomise.

I have seen in multiple papers, figures and analysis of barplots with the x-axis-->RSNs, y-axis-->connectivity(z-values) and the barplot showing differences in patients and controls. This is what I am trying to do with my data.

Could you show some of these? Maybe after seeing it'd help to have a sense of what you'd like to show. Thanks.

All the best,

Anderson

Regards,
Shruti