76,xxxg del ex e9

Enviado desde mi teléfono inteligente Sony Xperia™

---- Anderson M. Winkler escribió ----

Hi Khoi,

Please, see below:

On 12 June 2016 at 05:43, Khôi Huỳnh Minh <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Dear Anderson,

Sorry for pull out this topic​
​ again but I have a question that related to what I mentioned before.

Is
​the time series extracted from ICA have that characteristic of the haemodynamic response ? I means we all know that BOLD signal ​can be model by HRF and a set of stimulus and deconvolute BOLD signal with suitable stimulus can give us HRF. How about for time series from ICA result.

We would hope so, yes, after unmixing, the time courses still represent BOLD responses, that could, potentially, be subjected to deconvolution.

​I have recorded the time seed when subjects in my experiment tap their finger. I try to convolute this with HRF and find out that the result is somewhat correlate with one IC time series (correlation about 0.3-0.4). The spatial map of that IC show activation at motor cortex and frontal lobes. Can we conclude that the spatial map is the activation map for the "finger tapping" activities ? I doubt that by decompose fMRI signal into ICs, the IC time series do not have haemodynamic response characteristic.

Yes, that sounds the right interpretation. However, given it is a task-based experiment, and given that you know the stimulus onsets, perhaps a more powerful and successful approach would be to use the GLM, as opposed to ICA.

All the best,

Anderson

It would be appreciated if you can help me point out the problem as my conclusion make me feel somewhat fallacious.

Best regards,

Khoi