Thanks a lot for your thoughtful advice.

fsladd worked for some of the images (.nii files) , but for the others, I am receiving the following message. I would be grateful for your help.

WARNING:: Inconsistent orientations for individual images in pipeline!
          Will use voxel-based orientation which is probably incorrect - *PLEASE CHECK*!

Image Exception : #3 :: Attempted to add images/ROIs of different sizes
libc++abi.dylib: terminating with uncaught exception of type RBD_COMMON::BaseException