It is potentially possible, but the low resolution tends to present challenges and I don’t have much experience with animal ASL registration. You will probably find that the more you can get a good initial alignment, e.g. manually getting the low and high res images aligned, the better any automated registration (restricted to a narrow search range) should work.

Michael