Hi Pascal

Yes that is caused by the bvecs file indicating a single direction. (note that MD is also affected by that, not just FA, and the effect on MD will depend on what the true bvecs are).

First, check that the different volumes have indeed been acquired with different or the same directions, i.e. whether it is a problem with the bvecs or with the data. You can for example open the 4D file in fslview and look through the volumes to see how contrast changes. For example do regions of dark and bright signal in the corpus callosum change location?, etc.

If it looks like the bvecs are wrong (lots of contrast across volumes) then you might want to talk to whoever wrote the dicom converter (e.g. Chris Rorden if you are using dcm2nii)

Cheers,
Saad