Hi Anderson,

I have the same issue as Laura: there are 2 networks that are part of the
default mode network that have come out of the ICA. Following this, I ran
dual_regression.

Before I saw this email thread I was thinking of two ways to analyze the
data (below), but it seems the approach you are scripting may be the best
approach. Can you please help me understand why these approaches are not
sound? Sorry in advance for my very basic questions!

1) Can one simply add the two networks using fslmaths. Adding two
components of the dual regression like this seems to work: fslmaths
dr_stage2_ic0006.nii.gz  -add dr_stage2_ic0002.nii.gz result_file
Following this, I would plan to carry on with randomise. Perhaps there are
reasons why this approach is not valid that I do not yet understand?

2) Can one do statistical analyze between groups of the two components
independently without ever combining them? If I do this, can't I just
correct for multiple comparisons in the stats phase and get valid results?

Thanks a million!
Sheena