Dear All,

The 22nd edition of the newsletter of the International Society for Evidence-based Health Care is now available at the Society's Website:

www.isehc.net/ in the Newsletter section.

Also please note the abstract deadline for the 2016 ISEHC conference is July 30 - http://isehc2016.com/en/

If you are interested in submitting an article for the next ISEHC newsletter – an editorial, a teaching tip or exercise, an EBM resource review, a regional report, or an original research or viewpoint piece, please email one of the editors:

Jason Busse - [log in to unmask]

Gordon Guyatt -  [log in to unmask]

Paul Glasziou - [log in to unmask]

The Editor's Choice is below

Happy reading

Paul Glasziou

Editor’s choice

So many conferences to go to, but one you won't want to miss is the 2016 ISEHC conference on Kish Island in December 7-9. This resort island is part of Iran but no Visa is necessary to visit, and it's a great venue for networking and relaxation. The local organisers are from the Centre for Evidence Based Practice in Tabriz who are regional leaders in teaching EBM. More details in our Events section - and while your diaries are open you might want to note the 2017 ISEHC conference is a joint event with Cochrane, Campbell and G.I.N. in Cape Town.

Have you been have ever been asked what the evidence for evidence based practice is? This common and tricky question has been addressed in previous issues of the ISEHC newsletter but page 12 summarises and critiques an new study from San Sebastian in Spain where are natural experiment showed improvements in outcomes from a EBM support unit compared to standard care.

Finally, we all struggle with the appropriate curriculum for teaching evidence based practice, and the ISEHC curriculum subgroup is currently working on a Delphi survey refine and extend the Sicily statement. Meanwhile you might be interested in the set of Key Concepts developed for teaching for the public about critical evaluation of claims about the effects of treatments. I think you’ll find these concepts are familiar and relevant for teaching healthcare professionals too.

Prof Paul Glasziou

Director, CREBP,

Bond University, Gold Coast, Qld

Website: www.crebp.net.au