Dear All,

I've used this slide in introductory EBM talks to medical students, which seems similar to what James was saying. To me variation and exploration should be encouraged where there is no evidence: we are basically defining ignorance. Variation should be much less where we have the strongest evidence, though we should still keep our minds open.

Inline images 1

Colin Melville
Consultant Paediatrician
Keele University