Hi Michael,

There are some interesting oxygen papers that might provide insight. Interesting findings across ages and conditions.

Oxygen saturation targets in infants with bronchiolitis (BIDS): a double-blind, randomised, equivalence trial

http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(15)00163-4/fulltext?rss=yes

Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2013 Aug 21;(8):CD007160. doi: 10.1002/14651858.CD007160.pub3.

Oxygen therapy for acute myocardial infarction.

Cabello JB1, Burls A, Emparanza JI, Bayliss S, Quinn T.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23963794

In stem cell regeneration the timing and amounts of oxygen influence the neurotrophic factors so it may be quite complex. The community effect is also interesting given that humans are prone to failure to thrive and the hippocampus shrinks with pain and sustained social exclusion. Meeting for therapy and shared hope on a regular basis may be its own effect. The pill does not involve interacting with non judgmental people.  TBI is often associated with incredible emotional vulnerability.

Please keep me updated on your results as it is a hot discussion in brain injury groups, thank you for sharing this and so glad it is being researched.

Best

Amy