Dear Marlene,

It is wonderful to hear from you.

I wish I could have been in the gathering that celebrated Mpho's wedding where you sang. I can only imagine the joy you brought to the occasion.

Thank you for the article and thank you to Shanil for producing such a tribute to generations of people who are proving that "humanity has no bounds for loving".

I have found the resource sharing on the DISABILITY-RESEARCH network amazingly helpful. As director of Khulumani with its over 100,000 members who have suffered so much mental (and physical) anguish, there is so much that is helpful in terms of dealing every day with the usually "invisible wounds" that so many in our country carry.

I am also sibling to a brother who developed multiple sclerosis and whom I accompanied over many years including the last year of his life, when he acquired the brain tumour that eventually caused his death; and to a sister who is now 60 and has lived with the consequences of birth trauma her whole life.

Sending much love and warm congratulations for your much-deserved appointment as CEO of ARTSCAPE.

Sincerely,

Marje

Marjorie Jobson
National Director