Throw Light on support for Disabled Students. The details are as follows:

Date: Tuesday 5th June 2016

Time: 10:00 – 4:00 - drop in through the day, or stay all day

Venue: The Queens Building,

Mill Lane, De Montfort University, Leicester, LE1 9BH

Web: http://www.dmu.ac.uk/events

Although the event is free to attend, we are asking people to register for the event please email [log in to unmask] or call 0116 2577354

A limited number of goodie bags are available for those attendees who have pre-registered for the event. Certificates of attendance will be available.

A program of talks will run through the day with stalls from different providers of support and equipment for a wide range of conditions and disabilities that students live with.

*     What is DSA –

*     The impact of dyslexia on students  - ideas on how teaching and assessment  methods can accommodate dyslexia to improve learning

*     Autism spectrum disorder, (Asperger’s Syndrome)

*     Mentoring and Mental Health support

*     A perspective from those with hearing loss or D/deafness

*     How can we enhance learning in lectures?

*     Technology to support students

Please contact us if you would like to book a place.  Although our team will be attending the NADP conference on the 23rd and 24th June, so  your booking confirmation will be sent the following week.

Yours sincerely,

Ursula Bilson

DMU-CAN Centre Manager

Ursula Bilson

Centre Manager

Centre for Accessibility Needs (DMU-CAN)

Gateway House

De Montfort University

The Gateway

Leicester LE1 9BH

T: +44 (0) 116 257 7258

E: [log in to unmask]

F: +44 (0) 116 250 6048

W: dmu.ac.uk/dmu-students/the-student-gateway/student-and-academic-services.aspx