Dear all,

There are still places left on a free CPD event being hosted by the Assessment Centre ad De Montfort University.

Throw Light on support for Disabled Students. The details are as follows:
Date: Tuesday 5th June 2016
Time: 10:00 - 4:00 - drop in through the day, or stay all day
Venue: The Queens Building,
Mill Lane, De Montfort University, Leicester, LE1 9BH

Web: http://www.dmu.ac.uk/events
Although the event is free to attend, we are asking people to register for the event please email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or call 0116 2577354

A limited number of goodie bags are available for those attendees who have pre-registered for the event. Certificates of attendance will be available.

A program of talks will run through the day with stalls from different providers of support and equipment for a wide range of conditions and disabilities that students live with.

[*]     What is DSA -

[*]     The impact of dyslexia on students  - ideas on how teaching and assessment  methods can accommodate dyslexia to improve learning

[*]     Autism spectrum disorder, (Asperger's Syndrome)

[*]     Mentoring and Mental Health support

[*]     A perspective from those with hearing loss or D/deafness

[*]     How can we enhance learning in lectures?

[*]     Technology to support students
Please contact us if you would like to book a place.  Although our team will be attending the NADP conference on the 23rd and 24th June, so  your booking confirmation will be sent the following week.

Yours sincerely,
Ursula Bilson
DMU-CAN Centre Manager

Ursula Bilson
Centre Manager
Centre for Accessibility Needs (DMU-CAN)
Gateway House
De Montfort University
The Gateway
Leicester LE1 9BH

T: +44 (0) 116 257 7258
E: [log in to unmask]
F: +44 (0) 116 250 6048
W: dmu.ac.uk/dmu-students/the-student-gateway/student-and-academic-services.aspx