From: This list is for those interested in Data Protection issues [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Stu Ashton
Sent: 15 June 2016 16:44
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [data-protection] Sharing Information with Landlords

Hi

Looking for a little advice around providing information to landlords.

Our organisation provides assistance to individuals with physical disabilities, learning disabilities and mental health problems to live in their own rented properties in the community.

One individual we support who has a physical disability as been suffering with alcoholism in recent months and the landlord has asked for information from us about this.  They have requested information relating to when and why the individual has been taken to hospital, his attendance to an alcohol support group and whether their drunkness has resulted in the individual being abusive to our staff.

The individual renting the property has full capacity to give consent to share this information however they are unlikely to do this as it may result in them losing their tenancy. There is no agreements between our organisation and the landlord with no information sharing taking place, everything is through the tenant.

Looking a the DPA I can't see any obligation for us to share this information with the Landlord without consent however i know nothing about Housing law and wondered if there was anything in the Housing Act or Landlord and Tenanct Act etc that says we should share the information without the tenants consent?

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards
Stu Ashton

       leave data-protection to [log in to unmask] All user commands can be found at http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/help/commandref.htm

DISCLAIMER:
This email and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this email in error please contact the IT Service Desk at Broxtowe Borough Council on [log in to unmask] or telephone 0115 917 3194.
Senders and recipients of email should be aware that, under current legislation, the contents may be monitored and will be retained. The contents of the email may have to be disclosed in response to a request.
This disclaimer confirms that this email message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses.