Dear All,

Please note a quick but important clarification on the job below:
It is targeted at Black South African candidates (see ad) but *all
applicants will be considered*. We are particularly interested in those
with an African continental expertise.

Please feel free to email me if you have any questions.

*Lectureship/Senior Lectureship in Urban Studies, African Centre for
Cities, University of Cape Town*

The African Centre for Cities (ACC) was established in 2007 at the
> University of Cape Town as an urban research institute. The ACC is based in
> the School of Architecture, Planning and Geomatics in the Faculty of
> Engineering and the Built Environment, but is interdisciplinary in its
> scope, drawing expertise on urban issues from across the university. The
> mission of the ACC is to “facilitate critical urban research and policy
> discourses for the promotion of vibrant, democratic and sustainable urban
> development in the global South”. The ACC has been awarded funding by the
> Andrew W. Mellon Foundation to develop and run an interdisciplinary
> postgraduate programme on Urban Studies. We invite applications for this
> five-year position of Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in this programme. The main
> purpose of this position is to participate in the design, piloting,
> running, and teaching of a new interdisciplinary Masters in Urban Studies
> and PhD support programmes, based in the African Centre for Cities and
> including a number of departments in various Faculties that will focus on
> Southern urbanism from an African perspective. In addition, undertaking
> relevant research on issues related to cities of the global south and/or
> the teaching of urban studies in the global South will also be required.

See full job advertisement - www.africancentreforcities.net
Reference Number: E16082 Closing date: 1 July 2016