Apologies for cross-posting:

The Department of Geography and Planning at the University of Liverpool is hosting a one day research workshop on Material Mobilities on Friday 8th July 2016, 10-4.30pm. The workshop will launch the new Material Mobilities research strand which is part of the Power, Space and Cultural Change research group in the Department. The day will stimulate new ideas and hope to build a network of cross-disciplinary academics researching material mobilities.

The event seeks to advance thinking and develop approaches for researching material mobilities, critically exploring the relationships between differing forms of materiality (bodies, infrastructures and elements) and the politics of their mobilization. It will also question how we develop methods for researching our material, mobile world.

Rather than the usual conference paper format the day will be based around a series of discussion panels and provocations on each of the three themes – bodies, infrastructures and elements. Each of these themes will be led by key scholars working in relation to these themes. Currently confirmed are: bodies, Karen Throsby (University of Leeds), Bethan Evans and Lucy Jackson (University of Liverpool), Infrastructures, Peter Merriman (Aberystwyth University), Kathy Burrell (University of Liverpool), Elements, Isla Forsyth (Nottingham University), Kim Peters (University of Liverpool).

The event is free, but numbers are limited. Please register your attendance here:  http://payments.liv.ac.uk/browse/extra_info.asp?compid=1&modid=2&deptid=38&catid=38&prodid=1512

Refreshments and lunch will be provided. We also have a limited number of bursaries available for self-funded post-graduate students. The room has step free access. If you have other access requirements please do let us know.

Best wishes,

Kim

--
Kimberley Peters