Dear Critters,

For those academics based in the UK I just wondered if you could please take 5 minutes conducting the survey in the link below on academic perceptions of evidence-use for policymaking. Our response is quite low at the moment hence this call for my fellow geographers to help out! We need to get as many responses as possible so please feel free to circulate in your academic networks outside of geography and the social sciences.

https://cardiffunipsych.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_72MVwJ7jXgNCYyF

Background to project:

For more information on our proposed Evidence Information Service project please see:

https://www.theguardian.com/science/head-quarters/2016/jun/06/we-need-to-inject-more-evidence-into-public-policy-heres-one-way-to-do-it

An open access paper we just published on the results of a parliamentarian consultation:

http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/tpp/ep/pre-prints/content-PP_EVIDPOL-D-15-00038R2

Sorry for the unashamed project promotion but this is of relevance to many geographers who do policy engagement work.

Thanks in advance! Kind regards,

Andrew

Dr Andrew P. Kythreotis

Lecturer/Cardiff Fellow

Postgraduate Research Admissions Tutor

Room 2.51

Cardiff School of Geography and Planning

Cardiff University
Glamorgan Building
King Edward VII Avenue
Cardiff CF10 3WA
Wales, UK

Tel:  +44(0)29 208 76063

Fax: +44 (0)29 208 74845

http://www.cardiff.ac.uk/cplan

Twitter (personal): @SBPCardiff

Twitter (school): @CUGeogPlan

Associate Editor, Regional Studies, Regional Science. See: www.tandfonline.com/rsrs

Yr Ysgol Daearyddiaeth a Chynllunio

Prifysgol Caerdydd
Adeilad Morgannwg
Rhodfa Brenin Edward VII
Caerdydd CF10 3WA
Cymru, Y Deyrnas Gyfunol
Ffon  +44(0)29 208 76063

Recent publications

Kythreotis, AP & Bristow, GI (in press) The ‘resilience trap’? Exploring the utility of resilience for climate change adaptation in UK city-regions. Regional Studies.

Lawrence, N et al. (2016) The Evidence Information Service as a new platform for supporting evidence-based policy: A consultation of UK parliamentarians. Evidence & Policy. Open Access at:

http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/tpp/ep/pre-prints/content-PP_EVIDPOL-D-15-00038R2

cid:image002.png@01CFF9AF.84437480