**Kindly circulate broadly among relevant networks**

CFP: “The Production of Forced Migration”

11th Annual Centre for Refugee Studies Student Caucus Conference

23-24 September, 2016, York University, Toronto, Ontario, Canada

https://crsstudentscaucus.wordpress.com/crssc-conferences/upcoming-conferences/

The term “production” has many senses. Attention to the discursive and material production of migration and displacement is important, so that social, economic, and political relations inherent in migration are not hidden. Rather than treating current migration and displacement as unprecedented, the current state of migration and displacement in the world can be understood as an extension or prolongation of already existing conditions. Straightforwardly, production often refers to ‘generation,’ therefore we critically examine diverse causes of forced migration. Beyond legal definitions of refugees, we are interested in the ways globalising capitalist modes of production produce displacement and migration (including through development projects and environmental displacement). Thinking broadly, we also invite submissions on the production of forced migration as a field of study, as a domain of government or humanitarian intervention, or even theatrical productions about forced migration. More information is available in our full CFP (Available at: https://crsstudentscaucus.wordpress.com/crssc-conferences/upcoming-conferences/11th-crssc-cfp-2016/  )

Abstract submission deadline: July 15, 2016 (250 words max to [log in to unmask])

Conference registration and participation is free

**Due to the timing of the conference, we welcome the presentation of preliminary post-fieldwork findings, and research based on recent undergraduate honours theses**