A good and welcome discussion.

For those interested, workplace bullying is pretty established field of
research within management studies. Considering what factors have been
identified as driving and enabling it's pretty clear why academia is ripe
ground for this. The "irony" of its practice in settings where the same
people at the same time do research on marginalization etc are part of
either enforcing this praxis or even participating in it, which is perhaps
something more particular for our context.

some references of interest

Salin, Denise. "Ways of explaining workplace bullying: A review of
enabling, motivating and precipitating structures and processes in the work
environment." *Human relations* 56.10 (2003): 1213-1232.

Einarsen, S., Hoel, H., Zapf, D., & Cooper, C. (Eds.). (2010). Bullying and
harassment in the workplace: Developments in theory, research, and
practice. Crc Press.

McKay, Ruth, et al. "Workplace bullying in academia: A Canadian
study."*Employee
Responsibilities and Rights Journal* 20.2 (2008): 77-100.

Keashly, Loraleigh, and Joel H. Neuman. "Faculty experiences with bullying
in higher education: Causes, consequences, and management." Administrative
Theory & Praxis 32.1 (2010): 48-70.

sincerely,

Nikodemus Solitander