Dear all,

A postdoctoral position is available in my lab to investigate the structural basis of calcium signalling underlying synaptic plasticity. The successful applicant will apply structural techniques including protein crystallography and crosslinking mass spectrometry to study the positioning of calcium-sensitive enzymes in the postsynaptic density. The project aims to understand at the molecular level why the direction of synaptic plasticity depends on the extent of calcium influx into the dendritic spine.

We are based within the Department of Neuroscience, Physiology and Pharmacology at UCL. Through additional membership of the Institute of Structural and Molecular Biology, the lab presents a unique opportunity to apply structural techniques to make unprecedented contributions to knowledge of the nervous system.

This post is funded for 36 months in the first instance and is available from September 2016. If you would like to discuss please e-mail [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

For further details please go to http://www.ucl.ac.uk/hr/jobs/ and search on Reference Number 1558170.

The closing date for applications is 27th June 2016.

Best wishes,

Matthew

---

Matthew Gold, PhD
Sir Henry Dale Fellow
University College London
Dept. Neuroscience, Physiology & Pharmacology
Gower Street
London
WC1E 6BT

Phone: 020 7679 7161

e-mail: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Website: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/silva/npp/research/mgg