Here's Jack Ross' s version of Guido in Canto LXXIII:

http://www.nzepc.auckland.ac.nz/kmko/03/ka_mate03_ross.asp

and Canto LXXII:

http://mairangibay.blogspot.co.uk/2007/03/poetry-live.html

and for something even more jaw-dropping we have

Le Testament https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h87wzHikkwc

On 3 June 2016 at 15:02, Robin Hamilton <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi, Dave.

Yeah, the slippery meanings of “virtu”, and the whole modernist/politics business ...

What’s surprised me is just how *much* Pound was involved with Cavalcanti.  Also, as well as the Villon and Cavalcanti operas you mention, there are at least a couple of late-published Cantos – they’re in the current Collected, but not in the sixties edition that I bought as a child – that are *written* in Italian, that maybe Jamie could translate.

I wish there were more accessible datings of the Cantos – I’ve just checked Terrell’s _Companion_, but it doesn’t seem to be much help ...  So the original composition of the Cavalcanti second translation dates from 1934, but Canto XXXVI as a whole?

Argh!!!!

Robin