Dear List members,

I would like to draw your attention to the following advert. If you have any queries regarding the position, please contact the HR department (020 7814 5792/5611 or [log in to unmask]).

Thanks,

Katie

As the leading museum for London, we tell the story of the world’s greatest city and its people – so why not make this the place to discover your story of London?

Sainsbury Archivist c£31,000 depending on skills and experience

Are you a qualified archivist with substantial experience of managing, developing and preserving a collection? Do you have excellent communications and interpersonal skills, the ability to manage people and influence stakeholders? Would you like to work with a rich and unique archive? If so, this is the role for you.

We are looking for a dedicated professional to supervise and develop the Sainsbury Archive, a unique collection of more than 16,000 documents, photographs and objects which illustrate the history of today’s supermarket chain, located at the Museum of London Docklands.

As lead Archivist for the collection you will manage the development, preservation and access to this fascinating and rare resource. Working closely with the Trustees, Sainsbury and the museum you will oversee research and enquiry services, and work with the team to create a new platform for access to digitised material and continue to develop the online catalogue. You will develop the collection through acquisition and research. As the primary interface between the Trustees, Sainsbury and the museum you will be responsible for the reporting and monitoring of progress against plans as well as the creation of relevant papers for Trustees meetings.

The closing date for applications is 15 June 2016 at 5pm.  Interviews will be held on 23 June 2016.  Application forms and further details about the role can be found at www.museumoflondon.org.uk/jobs.

Katie Ormerod
Museum Records Manager and Archivist
Museum of London
150 London Wall
London EC2Y 5HN
Tel: 020 7814 5682
Email: [log in to unmask]
www.museumoflondon.org.uk

P Before printing, please think about the environment