Dear colleagues,

I am currently working on macro botanic remains from a Medieval latrine context. Any help on ID would be appreciated!

A: The peculiar bent shape should make it possible to id, but I haven’t been able to.

B: These look most like Carex pilulifera, but I’m not convinced.

C: Stone from drupe. Too small to be Prunus spinosa which is also present in the sample.

D: Peculiar seed. I have no idea.

E: Looks a bit like any flat seed with a bit texture, e.g. Allium or Veronica

Single picture:  Could it be the outer (green) coating of Juglans regia …?

Best regards,

Maria Sture

NIKU