Ken,

Thanks for your thoughtful (and generous!) response.  I had to laugh when I saw your email right after my categorical pronouncement about Langer's art.  It does bring home the thorniness of the question of "quality" in art!

Thanks for the references-I'm interested to learn more aobut Filliou and Klintberg.

Jane

JANE HILBERRY
Professor
Department of English