I have a tibiotarsus I'm trying to identify and am looking for suggestions. I posted a photo of it at the zooarch Ning site at http://zooarchaeology.ning.com/photo/tibiotarsus?context=user#!/photo/tibiotarsus?context=user. The photo has the mystery bone and a wild turkey for comparison. Morphology is similar to turkey but the mystery bone is much smaller. It's big for a chicken. It's not goose or duck or grouse. I don't have a photo or drawing of Guinea fowl and can't find one online or in any bone atlases - does anyone have any suggestions for either an ID or where I can find a Guinea fowl tibiotarsus photo or drawing? The mystery bone is from a 19th c. urban site in Virginia (U.S.). Thanks for any suggestions.
Elizabeth

Dr. Elizabeth Moore
Assistant Director of Research and Curator of Archaeology
Virginia Museum of Natural History
Martinsville, VA  24112
276 634-4176
www.vmnh.net