Thanks Ron – noted.  Our network settings lock PCs after a short period of inactivity, so not necessarily a concern if Xerte is on its own dedicated server I guess.

Regards,

Bev

From: A list to facilitate and support teachers using Xerte Online Toolkits [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ron Mitchell
Sent: 11 May 2016 16:20
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Xerte timeout

Hi Bev

However this isn’t really a Xerte specific issue and is likely to be a server wide session timeout setting that your server admin will ned to change. Be careful increasing that however – sessions timing out after a period of inactivity is usually a dsirable thing to protect against unauthorised access e.g. a user leaving a shared machine with the computer and workspace still logged in.

HTH

Ron