Dear colleagues (with apologies for X-post)

News for the AESOP YA members out there, we are seeking to elect to new members of the Coordination Team, deadline for submitting expression of interest is in five days,

best regards!
Simone

The call for candidates to the Coordination Team of the AESOP Young Academics Network is now open!

The AESOP YA Network is an AESOP working group in particular addressed at planners who have only recently entered the academic world: PhD students, postdocs, people starting in academic positions. The activities of the AESOP YA network are complementary to other activities that are being deployed within AESOP as a whole.
The Coordination Team (CT) holds the managerial powers of the Young Academics Network. The mandatory period of the member of the Coordination Team is two years. In May-June 2016 two new members of the CT shall be elected. They will replace stepping down members of the CT: Nadia Caruso and Simone Tulumello. Nadia will move to the position of the Senior Advisor.

Please remember: Only members of the AESOP Young Academics Network can stand for the election to the Coordination Team.

 If you are interested in becoming part of the coordination team please send to [log in to unmask] an expression of interest, composed of:

Deadline for application is May 15, 2016.

 The statements of motivation, programmes and CVs of the candidates will be made available for the members of the Young Academics Network on 15th May 2016. The online election of the new members of the Coordination Team of the Young Academics Network will take place on 16th May - 6th June 2016 via the Young Academics Network website. Only members of the AESOP Young Academics Network are eligible to vote.

The results of the election will be announced by the AESOP Secretary General on the AESOP website on 7th June 2016
AESOP community strongly encourages young colleagues to get involved in the activities of the Young Academics Network and stand for the election.

AESOP Young Academics network membership registration is frozen from 15th May 2016 until the 6th June 2016.

Sincerely,

The YA CT team 2015-2016!

I have be part of the creation of a blog and an international journal; of organizing three conferences, events at three AESOP congresses and two special sessions at a UN-Habitat event; I have met hundreds of persons from all the continents, from students to some of my 'hero(in)es', and created lasting friendships and collaborations with a lot of them. Had they told me that I would had be part of all this, wow, I would had thought they were just trying to sell me the product. But the fact is, the Coordination Team of the Young Academics is the perfect place where to learn and do great things with a small fraction of the effort and stress that it'd take elsewhere. It is all about team-work and the great energy that the YA network spreads.
Yes, I am deeply sad to leave this great team - thank you Lauren, Feras, Ender, Nadia, Dana, Mo, Karel, sincerely.
And you, you should looking forward to joining it!
Simone Tulumello, Instituto de Ciencias Sociais, University of Lisbon

It was an amazing period being in the YA Coordination Team. I learned a lot, I took part in interesting projects and great events. The international network of young academics is a great experience, and the YAs are even more amazing. Each event and collaboration is full of nice and interesting people. Being the YA Chair has been a challenging but fruitful and meaningful chance for me. I will remember this period of academic life with a big smile! Thanks to all my friends and colleagues in the YA and in the YA Coordination Team! Hope you will be an active part of this network!
Nadia Caruso, Politecnico di Torino

--
Simone Tulumello
Post-doc research fellow, ULisboa, Instituto de Ciências Sociais

latest publications:
Tulumello S. (2015), Fear and Urban Planning in Ordinary Cities: From Theory to Practice, Planning Practice & Research, 30(5), 477-496. Doi: 10.1080/02697459.2015.1025677
Seixas J., Tulumello S., Corvelo S., Drago A. (2015). Dinâmicas sociogeográficas e políticas na Área Metropolitana de LIsboa em tempos de crise e austeridade. Cadernos Metrópole, 17(34), 371-399Doi 10.1590/2236-9996.2015-3404