Dear  Colleagues.

 I am enclosing below some information about the next event in our Summer programme, a lecture by Joe Gerlach on Vernacular Cartographies. Joe belongs to a younger generation of anthropologists whose work is at the cutting edge of new developments in inter-disciplinary approaches to cultural analysis. Working at the intersection of ethnography , geography and cartography, Joe's work challenges many of the traditional methods in these fields. We are also fortunate in having as discussant, one of our leading urban ethnographers ,Les Back. I very much hope that you will be able to make what we are sure will be a fascinating event - please book online.

 Can I also draw your attention to the first issue of our new on-line journal :www.livingmaps.review which I am sure you will find of interest.
Look forward to seeing you on Wednesday.

 all the best

 Phil Cohen

 Research Director LivingMaps Network

Editor LivingMaps review