I echo the other emails. I am not discouraged by Leeds, albeit disappointed not to go to Stockholm and very glad I had not already bought my air ticket!
I await instructions on how to proceed from here.
Best
Elizabeth

From: Hugo Vercauteren <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Friday, 13 May 2016 11:12
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: URGENT: SRN conference 2016 change to Leeds

Waiting from the plane on a heavy secured Brussels Airport, on my way to Cannes filmfestival (to the Marché to have meetings for productions), I discover this mail from Claus and Alison.

Let this change from Stockholm to Leeds not discourage you. Research is necessary.

And Alison, you say what a lot of participants were thinking (at least I was). Now I am going to the plane.

Good luck,

Hugo

Op 13 mei 2016, om 11:48 heeft Alison Metoudi <[log in to unmask]> het volgende geschreven:

Thanks Claus for letting me know of this change,

Could you let me know if this will be reflected in a change to the registration costs, which were at £200 + £50 for a meal. Do we still register through the same link as before? Will there be a reception on the seventh anywhere?

Kind regards,

Alison

> Date: Fri, 13 May 2016 11:32:00 +0200
> From: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: URGENT: SRN conference 2016 change to Leeds
> To: [log in to unmask]
>
> Screenwriting Research Network Executive
> SRN Conference 2016: change of venue to Leeds, UK
>

> Dear members,
> the venue for the 9th SRN international conference (2016) has been
> changed from Stockholm. The conference will now take place in Leeds, UK,
> hosted by Leeds Beckett University and the University of Leeds, in
> partnership with Leeds Trinity University.
> The dates of the conference will remain the same, Thursday 8th September
> to Saturday 10th September 2016. Papers already accepted for the
> conference will be scheduled as before, with the only change being that
> delegates should travel to Leeds instead.
> Registration details are now being put together, and will be released as
> soon as possible. Travel information can be found attached below, along
> with general details of accommodation in Leeds. Any special conference
> deals on accommodation, and other information including on keynote
> speakers, will be announced as soon as possible.
> We hope SRN colleagues will understand that this rather late change to
> our plans is the result of force majeure. Discussions over support
> arrangements in Stockholm proved more difficult than we anticipated, and
> we made the reluctant decision to switch to Leeds once it became clear
> that these obstacles were insurmountable. We must acknowledge with deep
> gratitude the efforts made on our behalf by Louise Lindbom, along with
> colleagues including Ann Igelström, who worked tirelessly on our behalf.
> We benefit from their organisational skills, and the hours they have put
> in already in order to make this conference a success.
> Despite this change, we expect the conference to be a stimulating and
> enjoyable experience for everyone. We have no doubt that you will find
> this a great place to talk screenwriting research, as it was eight years
> ago when the SRN was founded in Leeds.
> More information will follow next week.
>

> Claus Tieber
> Chair, SRN Executive
>

> Leeds: Travel and accommodation
> Leeds is easy to get to – by air to Leeds Bradford Airport (perhaps
> direct through Amsterdam, avoiding London’s airports); or by air to
> Manchester, a hub airport which is accessible to Leeds by direct rail
> link (journey time 1h20); by rail through the Channel Tunnel (the London
> Eurostar terminus of St. Pancras Station is side by side with Kings
> Cross Station, from where trains to Leeds depart – the rail journey time
> from London to Leeds is 2h20, making a journey to Leeds from Paris or
> Brussels around 5-6 hours). By road, Leeds is at the north end of the M1
> from London (c.200m/300km, journey time around 3-4 hours from M25 London
> ring road).
> http://www.visitleeds.co.uk/maps-and-more/Travelling-To-Leeds.aspx

> [...]

This email and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the addressee and may also be privileged or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the addressee, or have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately, delete it from your system and do not copy, disclose or otherwise act upon any part of this email or its attachments.

Internet communications are not guaranteed to be secure or virus-free. University of Roehampton does not accept responsibility for any loss arising from unauthorised access to, or interference with, any Internet communications by any third party, or from the transmission of any viruses.

Any opinion or other information in this e-mail or its attachments that does not relate to the business of University of Roehampton is personal to the sender and is not given or endorsed by University of Roehampton.

University of Roehampton is the trading name of Roehampton University, a company limited by guarantee incorporated in England under number 5161359. Registered Office: Grove House, Roehampton Lane, London SW15 5PJ. An exempt charity.