Hi all

I'm sure most of you will have seen this on other lists, but I wanted to alert you to a really fantastic opportunity here at the British Science Association.

As I'll be leaving to join the Wellcome Trust this year, we're looking for a new Chief Executive to take over and continue our mission of promoting science as a fundamental part of culture and society - including via important programmes in science education.

The full advert is available here: http://www.britishscienceassociation.org/chief-executive - and the deadline is 25th May. I'd be happy to answer any queries about it.

Imran

(Extract from the advert:

A registered charity, the BSA has approximately 30 staff and £3m in annual turnover. The CEO vacancy presents an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, passionate, and diligent leader to take up the reigns of an organisation hungry for continued change and growth.

The successful candidate will lead the Association’s senior team and work with colleagues across the organisation to continue the evolution of our strategy, the modernisation of our internal processes, and the diversification of our income streams. They will shape the work we do, ensuring that our direct beneficiaries and society at large are foremost in our minds when we plan for the future, and will also be the public face of the organisation, representing us to the media, government, policy-makers, stakeholders, and the public.

Our new Chief Executive will be supported and held to account by our Council (Board of Trustees), chaired by Lord David Willetts. They will also be able to draw on the energy and talents of our team of dedicated and dynamic staff members, and a nationwide network of volunteers and partners.

They will join us at a time when we have an engaged and ambitious set of staff and trustees, growing influence, and shared vision of our purpose.

They will be expected to oversee strategic renewal in the context of a set mission, with some already-defined priorities, such as:
The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience related to our strategy and vision, but need not be a scientist or have a scientific training themselves.)