Sent on behalf of Joel Martinez <[log in to unmask]>
(further contact details at the end)
There's also a Policy Manager job going there too
http://cs.mypbiz.com/prostate-uk/7973-policy-manager.aspx
Jo (psci-com owner)

---------

*Prostate Cancer UK*
/Communications Manager (Research)/
http://cs.mypbiz.com/prostate-uk/8001-communications-manager.aspx
£41,000 per annum
12 month fixed-term contract, maternity cover
Based at Counting House, London Bridge

*What the job involves*
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast-paced communications
team in a varied and dynamic role. You will be responsible for managing
the organisation’s research communications outputs. You’ll support our
research team’s efforts to promote their work, and use creative research
communications to help the fundraising directorate drive donations and
demonstrate the impact of the funds they raise.

In any one day you could be writing the lead story for Insights (our
supporter magazine), blogging for our website, organising a lab visit
for a key supporter, meeting a new grant holder, or producing a short
film to bring the latest successes in the lab to life. Your focus will
be research communications, but you’ll work with teams across the
charity and will be prepared to step in to other projects wherever
you’re needed.

*What we want from you*
We’re looking for a proactive, enthusiastic and highly organised
individual with a science background and/or hands-on experience in
science communications. You’ll be a real ‘people person’ and will feel
equally comfortable interviewing one of our researchers about what’s
going on with their project and a supporter about his experience with
prostate cancer.

You’ll be confident at building strong working relationships, and will
happily use your expertise to support your team-mates, or take the lead,
as the occasion demands. You’ll always have an eye out for an
opportunity to promote our research work to a new audience, or to
inspire our existing supporters.
Why work for us? We have a simple ambition – to stop men dying from
prostate cancer.

Through shifting the science over the next 10 years to focus on radical
improvements in diagnosis, treatment, prevention and support, we can
make prostate cancer a disease the next generation of men need not fear.
Be part of a team that will put an end to prostate cancer being a killer.

*The support we’ll provide*
Join our team and you’ll be working at an award-winning charity that
will help you learn, develop your skills and expertise, and achieve your
highest aspirations. We provide everything you’d expect from a
professional organisation – competitive benefits package, contributory
pension scheme, life insurance, child care vouchers, and season ticket
loan – but much more besides. Work with us and you’ll see your efforts
pay off as we fight for a better future for men.

For more information and to apply online, go to
www.prostatecanceruk.org/careers

Got a question? We’re here to help. [log in to unmask]

Closing date: 15 May 2015.
Interview date: w/c 23 May 2015.

We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Prostate Cancer UK is a registered charity in England and Wales
(1005541) and in Scotland (SC039332). Registered company number 2653887.