Hi Mar,

You may want to look up/get involved in:

Pint of Science

FameLab

Bright Club

Science Showoff

Café Scientifique

Sceptics in the pub

Speakeezey

ScienceGrrl

Soapbox Science

Science Café

SciBar

Tedx

You can do these whilst doing your current job. Pint of Science is 23-25th, so you could go to some of these events and meet the organisers and possibly volunteer to organise next year. Most of the others are opportunities to perform/talk about science.

You might also want to go to the BIG (British Interactive Group) Little event in January, which is an intro conference for people wanting to move into Science Communication.

Rowena

Dr Rowena Fletcher-Wood
Science Communicator

@RowenaFW