Dear Colleagues.

we are seeking two postdoctoral researchers to work on sponge chemical ecology and sponge microbial ecology projects.

Microbiology:
The candidate for the microbiology position will assess the biodiversity of invertebrate-associated bacterial communities, using molecular and traditional isolation methods. One focus are sponge-microbial associations from tropical coral reefs, as well as deep-sea sponges which will be collected during a research cruise aboard the German research vessel Sonne in spring 2017.
The successful candidate will also work on certain aspects of the Earth Microbiome Project, in which we are involved.

Chemistry:
The candidate for the 4-year chemical ecology position will carry out projects in natural products chemistry and chemical ecology of marine invertebrates and associated microorganisms. We are seeking a postdoctoral researcher to assess the chemical ecology of micro- and macroorganisms (e.g. sponges) from coral reefs or deep sea habitats. The successful candidate will be leading the isolation and structure elucidation of bioactive compounds and will be responsible for running and maintaining our newly acquired high-resolution MALDI-TOF/TOF Imaging Mass Spectrometer. One focus are marine natural products from sponge-microbial associations from tropical coral reefs, as well as deep-sea sponges which will be collected during a research cruise aboard the German research vessel Sonne in spring 2017.

Could I request to forward this email to potential candidates and to circulate the attached announcements at your institution and network.

Please see the attached file for details or use the University link.

Microbial research:
http://www.uni-oldenburg.de/stellen/?stelle=64787

Chemistry research:
http://www.uni-oldenburg.de/stellen/?stelle=64790