Agree entirely that publicising the issue is essential if it is to be tackled. I think that assessment design will probably be more effective in actually addressing the issue, but a legal approach would at least make the companies think twice before advertising.

There will be another piece on the Radio 4 PM programme this evening, approx 1730. This time featuring a lengthy interview with a writer.

Phil

From: Plagiarism [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Thomas Lancaster [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 05 May 2016 16:32
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Petition To Make Essay Mills Illegal

Hi all,

You might be interested to see (and possibly sign and publicise) this petition that has been posted online:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/128037

I appreciate that this is only one piece of a difficult academic integrity problem, but I do feel that there is a benefit to getting the issue of essay mills (and contract cheating services) openly discussed and to see where the weight of public opinion lies.

Thanks,
Thomas