SECOND ANNOUNCEMENT: Penn Conference in Theoretical Chemistry
Light-Matter Interactions
August 19-20, 2016

Dear Colleagues,

This is a reminder that, this year, the Penn Conference on Theoretical Chemistry (PCTC 2016)
will be completely free of charge and we still have a few spots available for grad students, postdocs and faculty.
PCTC is an intimate, collegial, workshop-type conference series with the goal of bringing together  experts and stimulating
new research directions in any area of theoretical and computational chemistry, but especially condensed phase chemistry.

This year, the broadly-defined theme of PCTC is "Light-Matter Interactions”. For more information,
see http://subotnikgroup.chem.upenn.edu/pctc.html

The one and half day long meeting will be held August 19-20, 2016 (immediately prior to the American
Chemical Society’s National Meeting in Philadelphia) on the campus of the University of Pennsylvania. August 20th will be a half day.

Although registration is free, we regret that we cannot offer housing this year because the conference
will be so late in August (to coincide with ACS). Some external funds may be available to subsidize graduate students and postdocs.

To apply, please follow the instructions here: http://subotnikgroup.chem.upenn.edu/pctcRegistration.html
We will take reservations until we have run out of space.

Confirmed faculty speakers (to date):

Emily Carter (Princeton)
Jeff Cina (U. Oregon)
Steve Corcelli (Notre Dame)
Daniel Crawford (Virginia Tech)
John Herbert (Ohio State)
Munira Khalil (Washington)
Todd Martinez (Stanford)
Barry Dunietz (Kent State)
Spiridoula Matsika (Temple)
Ben Schwartz (UCLA)
Jim Skinner (Wisconsin)
Frank Spano (Temple)
Andrei Tokmakoff (UChicago)

We look forward to welcoming you to the University of Pennsylvania in August!

The Organizers:
Jessica Anna
Joe Subotnik
Jeffery Saven