Sorry, the simpler version of that reference to the Libellus is: www.holyrosaryprovince.org/2011/media/essencial/libellus.pdf

On 4 May 2016 at 08:47, Martin Wallace <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
For the 1962 Breviary (1967 English translation), see http://www.musicasacra.com/dominican/EB3.pdf  The text does not mention Reginald.  I don't know about medieval breviaries, however.

The story, though, would have been well known by all Dominicans, because it is included in the Libellus de Principiis Ordinis Praedicatorum of Blessed Jordan of Saxony, second Master of the Order, which was very widely known and circulated in the thirteenth century.

On 4 May 2016 at 07:50, SHERRY L REAMES <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Ok..I'll see what I can find.
Sherry

Sent from Outlook Mobile

On Tue, May 3, 2016 at 2:01 PM -0700, "Thomas Izbicki" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Sherry,
I need the Dominican office for Dominic's feast in August. I am trying to determine whether the office includes in the readings the healing of Reginald of Orleans by the Virgin Mary. According to the vitae of Dominic and Jordan of Saxony, Mary revealed the future Dominican habit to Reginald and she anointed him, healing his illness. I am curious whether this got into the offices all Dominicans would know.
Tom Izbicki

From: "SHERRY L REAMES" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, May 3, 2016 2:41:47 PM
Subject: Re: [M-R] Readings for the office of Saint Dominic

Dear Tom,

The particular selections chosen would have varied a lot, depending on which breviary or lectionary of saints was being used. If you're just interested in the *Dominican* lessons for Dominic's office, finding those should be pretty easy because the OP had one official breviary and kept a tight rein on revisions. I'm at home today and don't have the reference at hand, but could look it up for you later this week when I'm in the library,

The official Franciscan and Roman version(s) of the lessons should also be relatively few in number and easy to find. English secular breviaries, on the other hand, tended to shorten and rewrite the lessons quite freely, so their lessons can vary enormously even if they all originally stemmed from the same text. And the surviving English monastic sources are even more unpredictable (though they're perhaps unlikely to have lessons for Dominic at all).  I know a lot less about lectionaries of saints in other parts of Europe, but suspect that other regions and locales probably had their own textual traditions as well.

For whatever it's worth . . .

Sherry Reames (Professor Emerita, University of Wisconsin-Madison)