Hi everyone,

unlurking here from the digital creativity labs at York, Goldsmiths, and
Falmouth -- happy to join this group!

We are currently framing a project around interactive audio-tours either
using BYOD smartphones or re-using existing audio-guides as platform so
I'm curious about any data or insight on audio tour infrastructure right
now:

  * How widely adopted are audio guide players?
  * How fragmented is the landscape? Are there many different
    competitors/generations of devices or few?
  * Do people predominantly pay once or lease devices?
  * What are advantages and drawbacks of BYOD vs. audio guide devices?

--
Cheers,
Sebastian

Dr Sebastian Deterding  | Reader/Senior Research Fellow
Digital Creativity Labs | University of York
Tel +44 1904 32-5459    | Mail [log in to unmask]
Twitter @dingstweets    | Skype sebastiandeterding
Web codingconduct.cc    | Mobile +44 7985 409538
This email is
[_] assumed public and may be forwarded, blogged, etc.
[X] assumed to be private. Please ask before redistributing

       Twitter:  http://www.twitter.com/ukmcg