DEar Mike,

I regret that I am returning from the States on that day!

Best wishes,

Dianne

From: Ludlow Research Group (Silurian Stratigraphy) <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Howe, Michael P.A. <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: 03 May 2016 09:50:57
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Next BIGG meeting - BGS Keyworth, Saturday 14th May

Dear LRG member,

At the last meeting of BIGG/LRG in Ludlow in September last year we agreed  that the next BIGG meeting would be held at BGS Keyworth on Saturday 14th May. I am pleased to announce that this is now arranged, and that provisional plans are as follows:

10:30 – 11:00  Tea, coffee & biscuits
11:00 – 13:00   Business meeting, including talks
13:00 – 14:00  Buffet lunch
14:00 – 16:00  Talks. Visit to new storage area for BIGG reprint collection, including Barrie Rickard’s legacy donation.

LRG members are most welcome to attend this meeting.

Arrangements can also be made for anyone to view specific items in the BGS Collections.

Please let me know ASAP (preferably by return) if you would like to attend. Please also let me know the titles of any talks you would like to present, and whether you have any special dietary needs.

At the Ludlow meeting last year we also discussed possible ideas for a field meeting in September 2016 in Knighton. The idea was to pick one or two problems with the current (1850) map and do some fieldwork to solve them, rather than a demonstration meeting to see the results of recent research. Securing the necessary access is not trivial, and we are currently exploring the possibility of collaborating with Arthur Tingley’s research group. The hope is then that, in September 2017, there could then be a demonstration meeting on the Knighton Sheet.

If you are interested in meeting up for a weekend in September 2016 to explore some problems on the Knighton Sheet, please let me know.

Best wishes,
Mike.

Dr Mike Howe
Chief Curator
Head of the National Geological Repository

Phone: 0115 9363105  Email: [log in to unmask]
WSB UGN  - British Geological Survey
Keyworth, Nottingham, NG12 5GG