Hi,

Having recently changed LMS, we are re-visiting all of our public notifications.

May I ask whether anyone sends timely notifications of items about to become overdue, either by text or email?  I believe that these go by various names including ‘underdues’.

Currently we recommend our users sign up to ELF, however this service is currently unavailable to us due to software problems within that company.

So, really experiences of sending such notifications via the LMS and any public comments on these.  And being cheeky and chancing my arm, any broad indications that adopting these has impacted (for better or worse) on library revenues.

Many thanks,
Jonathan  Gibbs
Operations and I.T. Librarian, Barbican Library
020 7606 3030 ext. 1829

www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/libraries

Like us on Facebook http://on.fb.me/barblib
Follow us on Twitter @Barbicanlib @BarbicanMusic @Barbicankids