Hello everyone,

I’d like to know what other NHS libraries do with regards to designing elearning for their users. We recognise that its quite hard for many of our users to come to the library for training sessions and would like to offer short elearning packagers covering things like using Google Scholar, searching HDAS, critical appraisal etc. If you’ve investigated this or already provide this service in your library I’d be really interested in hearing your experiences.

We’ve used Adobe Captivate to create basic web tutorials but we’d like something a bit more interactive.

1.       What topics do you cover with your elearning?

2.       What software/resources have you used to create your elearning packages? I’d love to see some examples if possible!

3.       Have you found any pitfalls to be wary of? Cost, NHS IT issues, ease of use of different software?

4.       How have your library users reacted to the new style of training sessions? Have you had any useful feedback?

Thanks as always!

Lesley

Lesley Firth

Assistant Clinical Librarian

United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Library and Knowledge Services, LCH

01522 707131 (ext 7131)

www.hello.nhs.uk – visit our website to find out more about library resources and services including journals, books, subject collections, current awareness alerts, our online library catalogue, journal article requests, literature search requests and training requests.

We have served the people of Lincolnshire since April 2000, providing a comprehensive range of hospital-based medical, surgical, paediatric, obstetric and gynaecological services delivered by highly trained staff and volunteers. Every year, we invest in improving our clinical services by replacing and upgrading our medical equipment, modernising our estate and facilities and improving our information and technology infrastructure.

For the latest information about the Trust please visit: www.ulh.nhs.uk

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT: The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may also be legally privileged. It is intended only for the use of the addressee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of the e-mail is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this email in error, please accept my apologies and notify me immediately. Thank you.

Disclaimer: The contents of this email are not necessarily the policy or opinion of United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust or any person employed by it. This transmission is intended only for the named recipient(s) and is confidential in nature. If received in error, please return it to the sender and destroy any copies immediately.