Greetings,

I am looking for some satellite imagery for Africa. Particularly NW Nigeria. I am working on a project where we are mapping the indigenous names for places in several languages, all within the same region (see the region here: https://goo.gl/maps/LM9EEEbmZhr). I would use Google Earth Pro, and I do when I am in a region which has internet. But I will be in NorthWest Nigeria for about 9 months and will mostly be out of internet range, let alone an internet connection with sizable bandwidth.

So, I am wondering where I might download a set of images for my region of interest and use them offline. I  suppose it would be good if they were geo-refernce .tiff images (GeoTIFF) so that I can view them in Google Earth offline as images and create .kmz/.kml files by referencing the images using Google Earth as a geo-broswer.

Then again, if I were to use another application other than Google Earth, that might be an option too.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

All the best,

Hugh Paterson III