*Apologies for cross-posting*

Find our full events calendar here, and see upcoming events below.

cpd25 Events Calendar

01/06 - Introduction to Developing a Service

With a mixture of presentations, practical exercises and opportunities for questions and discussion this workshop aims to give participants an insight from a senior manager about the decisions they take to shape and change their service.

01/06 - Copyright for Higher Education Professionals

Through a presentation and interactive scenario-based session, this session aims to break down the myths surrounding the use of copyright content for educational purposes and outline permitted uses of copyright material in relation to both the analogue and digital environments.

08/06 - Supporting Our Users

By the end of the session, participants will be able to appreciate the importance of academic liaison and outreach; Identify different techniques for building links with staff and students and for ensuring effective liaison; Characterise the knowledge and skills needed for effective liaison in the 21st Century academic library.

08/06 - Digital librarianship: working with e-resources, websites and online services

This workshop will focus on the fundamentals of e-resources collection development and management. By the end of the session participants will have an overview of the e-resource strategies, policies and infrastructure that support the e-resource collections which form the core of a modern Academic Digital Library.

16/06 - SLA Conference 2016: “My model for business is The Beatles.” – Your part in sustaining and creating a successful team

How, as team members, can we become proactive about change and utilise team strengths to ensure that we are ready to engage with future challenges? This will be a highly participative day with plenty of opportunities for networking – enabling attendees to share their experiences and best practice.

17/06 - What would Indiana Jones do? Be an explorer for the day – Tour of the UCL Museum Collections

Spend an afternoon wandering through two of London’s most unusual Museums: the Institute of Archaeology’s library and laboratory, and the Grant Museum of Zoology.

22/06 - Introduction to Marketing within Academic Libraries

The aim of this workshop is to give participants an insight into key aspects of marketing within academic libraries and provide some examples of marketing and promotions in practice.

22/06 - Introduction to Financial Planning

The aim of this workshop is to give participants an insight into key aspects of marketing within academic libraries and provide some examples of marketing and promotions in practice.

08/07 - The Road Less Travelled: alternative approaches to library staff development and accreditation

At this event, we will hear from four speakers who have opted to achieve qualifications or experience in areas which are, strictly speaking, outside of what we might narrowly think of as ‘for librarians’. The theme of the afternoon is also about taking responsibility for our own development.

11/07 - Teaching Non-library Academic Skills

This event looks at how libraries are bringing support departments together across institutions and assisting in the development of programmes that improve both student’ academic skills but also their future employability.

Best regards,

Melanie Gilbert

cpd25 Events Administrator

M25 Consortium of Academic Libraries • Room 653 • Senate House Library • Malet Street • London • WC1E 7HU • United Kingdom