**Apologies for cross posting**

Effective Journals Marketing, 9 June, London

Technology is changing, new business models are developing and new markets emerging – the journal publishing landscape is shifting. These new developments offer challenges for journals marketing. This course provides a strategic overview of this dynamic environment and how best to apply marketing techniques to achieve your journal’s objectives. The workshop will be highly interactive.

We spoke to Emma Watkins, our new co-tutor on this course about how to get the most out of social media

Delegate Comments
“Easy to understand - could ask questions at any point. Very interactive. Segmented approach really useful. Enjoyed learning from the experts!” Kate Smith, Maney Publishing

"Was very interesting and a great way to meet others in the same position as you in other publishers/societies. Thought provoking!" Aisling Sealy, The Society for General Microbiology

"I really appreciated having the printed slides to work through and write on. I thought it was a very useful and well run course." Christina Stead, SAGE

Programme

Tutors
Naomi Blumsom, SAGE Publishing and Emma Watkins, IOP Publishing

More information and to book your place or email [log in to unmask]

Forthcoming training courses:
Introduction to People Management for Publishing, 15 June, London
Understanding Copyright, 22 June, London
Fundamentals of Journals Finance, 29 June, London
Licensing your Content, 6 July, London
NEW Disruption, Innovation and Creativity: How to generate and implement new ideas in scholarly publishing, 9 November, London

Don’t forget that if you are unable to attend an open course then we can bring the course to you as in-house training, available to all members worldwide. Contact Amanda Whiting by email [log in to unmask] or tel: +44 (0) 1865 247776.

Melissa Marshall

Training and Admin Coordinator

E: [log in to unmask] T: +44 (0) 1622 871035

W: www.alpsp.org Follow us on Twitter: @alpsp

New Policy Bulletin launched for ALPSP members – login to view and sign-up now!

Our Registered Office has changed. Please direct all correspondences to: Egale 1, 80 St Albans Road, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD17 1DL. Please update your records accordingly.

ALPSP is a Company limited by guarantee and incorporated in England and Wales Registration no: 4081634. Registered Office: Egale 1, 80 St Albans Road, Watford WD17 1DL UK

DISCLAIMER: This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the person(s) entitled to receive the confidential information it may contain. This email may contain information that is confidential and legally privileged. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of ALPSP. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please return it to the sender immediately and delete it completely from your computer system.