Dear All - this may be of interest (and apologies for cross-posting).

We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to join our Research Support Team.

Over the past 2-3 years the responsibilities and remit of the Research Support Team has grown and we take a leading role in embedding research into the culture of the University, providing a responsive service for the Middlesex University research community including:
*         Advocacy and training relating to a range of scholarly communication issues
*         Management and development of the University's Research Repository
*         Liaising with professional services colleagues to further develop relevant systems and services such as those relating to Research Data Management services.

Working closely with the Research Information Manager and the Repository Assistant (with line management responsibility for this post), the Research Publications Manager post will take responsibility for managing and developing the University Research Repository (EPrints hosted by University of London Computing Centre) and contribute to the strategic development of services.

You will have an understanding of open access and other areas of scholarly communication, take an interest in contributing to the development and implementation of other research related systems (e.g. research data repository, Current Research Information System) and a willingness to engage with relevant sector specific groups such as the EPrints User Group and UKCORR.

As well as being an excellent communicator and enjoying working as part of a team, you will have experience of delivering training sessions and be willing to develop these skills, and have a flexible approach to working in a complex, busy environment.

This job is a good opportunity to work in a small team, focussed on best practice for open access publication management, as well as further develop your knowledge and skills. We are a pilot institution in Jisc's Research Data Management Shared Service project which will include the development of a research data repository which the post holder would be involved in.

To apply please visit the Middlesex University job website: http://www.mdx.ac.uk/about-us/work-for-us/job-vacancies. If you wish to discuss the job in further detail please contact Jenny Evans on tel: (020) 8411 4745 or by email: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or Ruth Phillips on tel: (020) 8411 3567 or by email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Closing Date: 3rd June 2016

Interview Date: To be confirmed

Regards,

Jenny

Jenny Evans
Research Information Manager

Library & Student Support | Middlesex University
Phone: +44 (0) 20 8411 4745 | Email: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | Twitter @jennye

Please note that all incoming post to Middlesex University is opened and scanned by our digital document handler and then emailed to the recipient. If you do not want your correspondence to processed in this way please email the recipient directly. Parcels, couriered items and recorded delivery items will not be opened or scanned.