Dear all,

As a soon-to-be-made-redundant lecturer at London Metropolitan University,
I'm glad to see that I can now keep myself financially afloat by legally
moving into the arena of running an essay mill for students!

More seriously, can I slightly abuse this list (to which I occasionally
contribute) to draw to colleagues attention the fact that London Met is
making redundant people with excellent teaching records and, indeed,
teaching awards from their students. The UCU Branch Secretary (me) and
Chair both fall into this category and are being made redundant. Their
teaching is NOT being cut and will be carried on by existing staff and
casualised staff. This is all despite the fact that management state - in
their Annual Report no less - that excellent teaching is the institution's
number one priority.

The UCU Secretary, Sally Hunt, and the President, Liz Lawrence, have both
put their names to this petition
<https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/no-to-job-cuts-and-trade-union-victimisation-at-london-met/>
and I invite you to do so too.

Regards,
David

Dr David Hardman

School of Psychology

Course Leader: Psychology for Graduates (by Distance Learning)
Fire Warden (School of Psychology)
Secretary, London Met UCU / Health & Safety Officer

--
London Metropolitan University is a limited company registered in England
and Wales with registered number 974438 and VAT registered number GB 447